Friday 14 February 2014

A Cheerful FO

Illness has one or two things to recommend it. I might be downing antibitoics and sleeping for England but the WIPs are flying off the needles too.

This week we have some lovely socks - made with the Knitting Goddess Fairy Tale club yarn. February's month is called Snow Blindness and I just loved the shades of blue in this. I wanted to relax and enjoy the colours so I opted for another plain 64st toe-up vanilla sock with a Fish Lips Kiss heel which is rapidly becoming a favourite.

I love the fact that the heel has very little counting and fiddling involved - making it much easier to tackle when out and about. With my normal toe-up heel turn I find that I have to allow enough time to get the turn done in one sitting. If I put it down and come back to it later it's touch and go whether I will get in a tangle or not.

I've also finished my Irish Coffee sweater and it is blocking currently - so pictures will have to wait until a) it is dry, b) we have some sunshine and c) I can locate where DS2 has hidden my phone charger :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the socks! I haven't tried the FLK heel yet, but if it's becoming a favorite, I need to try it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I can highly recommend the heel. It works like magic.

      Delete
  2. oooh I really like the look of that FLK, might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's a good fit too. I know I struggle with the fit on toe-up heels sometimes but these are great.

      Delete
  3. I like the FLKH because I can do it without thinking. It's as straight forward as the rest of the sock, plus it fits like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My feelings exactly. Some days you just need to keep things simple.

    ReplyDelete