Tuesday 11 August 2009

Knitting voyerism

Due to a combination of hectic work-life and much travelling my knitting record this week is rather dismal, compounded by the fact that OH has purloined the camera for work use and it is now languishing somewhere in his office.

I normally jump at the chance for work-related travel as it is usually by train (and therefore leads to a great opportunity for uninterrupted knitting). However, this week much of it has been driving up and down various motorways, and not even the most dedicated multi-tasker can tackle knitting and the M6 simultaneously. I did manage some sneaky sock knitting in a traffic jam though (my engine was definitely switched off, officer...)

This enforced lack of knitting has meant that during my few leisure moments I have been delving into the black hole that is Ravelry - being too tired and stressed to pick up the needles but still craving my knitting-fix. Quite where the time goes while I'm browsing the Ravelry pages I have no idea, but I could probably have made substantial progress on my current sock project during these 'I have no time to knit...' moments.

All this browsing has a double-whammy effect, as I now have many more projects added to my queue, and less time in which to work on them.

I liken the effect Ravelry has on me, to another of my habits, namely that of peering through the windows of other houses at night, when the occupants haven't drawn their curtains. It drives OH mad, but for some reason I am genuinely interested in some complete strangers living room decor. Ravelry is the same - all those WIPs and FOs neatly displayed for me to browse at my leisure.

Also OH can't take me by the hand and drag me away muttering something about 'being arrested...'

1 comment:

  1. "I liken the effect Ravelry has on me, to another of my habits, namely that of peering through the windows of other houses at night, when the occupants haven't drawn their curtains. It drives OH mad, but for some reason I am genuinely interested in some complete strangers living room decor"
    lol.. you are so me!

    ReplyDelete