Thursday 13 January 2011

Castiel

For my non-sock related project I am working on the lovely new pattern from the very talented Woolly Wormhead. Her patterns are always really clear and well written and this little gem is no exception. The lace pattern is really easy to memorise and it makes for a great relaxing knit. And I must admit that it is nice to work on something a little larger than a sock.

Castiel is a pattern for a relaxed slightly slouchy beanie, worked in a dk yarn it knits up quickly and has a lovely drape. I am using some beautiful yarn, now discontinued from the Natural Dye Studios. It is called Caress Aran but despite the name it works to a dk weight. The colours are beautiful - pale chestnut brown, slate blue and slightly rust-red hints. It has been sat in my stash for quite some time awaiting the perfect project and I think I have found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment