Saturday 22 January 2011

More sock yarn


I seem to be obsessed with mammoth sock yarn projects. Projects involving mammoth amounts of sock yarn, rather than sock yarn specifically for large woolly beasts.

The plan was to rid my stash of the many skeins of sock yarn that have languished in there for far too long. Now I find myself obsessing over this project. For some reason I didn't really notice Abotanicity when it was published in Knitty some time ago but when the lovely Hoxton Handmade featured it on her blog it made me sit up and take notice.


The rational part of my brain is screaming "It's a sweater knit in sock yarn" "A large part of it is knit in rib" "You are certifiably mad"

The knitterly part of my brain is making me scour online knitting stores looking for the perfect shade of Trekking XXL.

At this point, it's 50/50 which side will win.

2 comments:

  1. You've got me looking at the pattern now!! I've got 8 x 50g of Lidl sock yarn in stash, but I'm not sure it's enough (which may be a good thing) :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just looks like it would be a really practical and easy-to-wear sweater. I'm talking myself into it. Still, if I start now it might be finished by next winter :)

    ReplyDelete