Tuesday 9 August 2011

Thrifty find

I would love to be able to claim the credit for this amazing piece of work but this was my latest charity shop find - for the princely sum of £2.

I don't know whether to be pleased at my find, or heartbroken that someone has put all that time and effort into making such a beautiful blanket only for it to end up in a charity shop.

Anyway - it was spotted by my 5 year old (DS2) who fell in love with it. He has good taste.

He has been complained for some time now that his feet poke out of the end of his other handknitted blankets (as I made them when he was younger) when he watches Saturday morning TV in his PJs. I find it rather endearing that even though his TV watching is veering away from Fireman Sam and towards the horrors of Ben 10 and Batman, he still wants to watch them while snuggled up in a pink Granny Square blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You got yourself a great bargain there. It's good to know that all the hard work in making it is going to be appreciated in your household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has now found a new home with us and is the current blanket of choice for DS2. Even my DH was impressed with it - I tried to convince him that I had just whipped it up myself in my spare time but he know me (and my lack of crochet skills) too well.

    ReplyDelete