Saturday 13 October 2012

Busy...Busy

So much knitting, so little time.

A lovely weekend away in Buttermere (and the resulting laundry mountain) has slowed down my knitting productivity somewhat this week. Well, that and the fact that I have a job to go to and DH was packing for a 10-day trip to the US. Just as an aside, I wonder why men are unable to pack their own belongings by themselves and why every drawer and cupboard in the house must be turned inside out in the process. I know that I don't go away from home very often (in fact I would kill for a night in a swanky hotel - just me, a bathrobe, glass of wine and TV watching in bed) but I wouldn't generally need my spouses assistance to locate sufficient clean underwear for the trip.

Anyway, we had a lovely weekend, plenty of walking and great autumn weather which made the 12-hour round trip well worth it. Note to self: really must try to relocate further north at some point.

IMG_1332

Morning light by the lake

IMG_1295

DS2 enjoying a biscuit break on the descent from High Stile

IMG_1291

A fabulous view of Crummock water

And then I came home to this little beauty:
IMAG0537

Two skeins of Fyberspates Scrumptious aran in the Slate colourway. I've never used this yarn before and it is gorgeous stuff, so much so that I couldn't wait to cast on. Like many other knitters I was smitten with the BFF cowl pattern in the most recent Knitty and have joined a Ravelry swap with this group. My swap partner is using the Rose Pink colour which is equally lush and pretty soon we should have ourselves a fab new winter cowl each. Just in time for my next trip to the Lakes...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment