I seem to be on a bit of a roll with finished objects recently, although in truth I finished this a week ago or so and have been waiting for good light and a willing DH to help with the photography.
Neither were available so I just had to do the best I could:
It is the well known Cobblestone pattern by Jared Flood but sized to fit me. Although it is quite a simple knit I am ridiculously pleased with it. It is the first time that I have successfully managed to alter the size and gauge of a garment to end up with something wearable. I do love that feeling when you manage to produce something exactly how you pictured it in your head.
I used some delicious Rowan yarn: Rowan Pure Life British Sheep Breeds dk which is a lovely marled effect yarn. It is quite thin as far as dk goes but it knits up beautifully on 4mm needles and manages to be both soft and pleasantly sheepy smelling at the same time. I did think it might be a bit rough for wearing next to the skin but after washing it is lovely and soft with no itching at all.
I knit the 3rd largest size in the pattern, as the original called for aran weight and at a gauge of 22 stitches to 4" I worked out that this would yield a final chest measurement of 38" I normally wear a UK size 10 (34" chest) and this gives just the right amount of slouch without being too baggy. I had to adjust the depth of the yoke a little and I didn't want the neck too high so I bound off earlier than called for in the pattern.
On the last few rows of the yoke I tried it on a lot, which was a bit of a faff, slipping it onto waste yarn and cables, but it was worth it as I got the exact fit I was looking for.
Right..am off to wear a jumper and go for a healthy outdoor walk before the fog descends here again.