Friday 12 April 2013

52 weeks of Happy (sort of)

Missed a few weeks what with one thing another, but hey ho... I'll carry on regardless.

So here I am with my cup of tea and raining lashing the windows - Spring must surely be coming soon!

Things that have made me happy this week:

1. Seeing the daffodils poking their heads out in the garden. never mind the fact that the poor things have probably been flattened by now. They were nice while they lasted.

2. The Great British Sewing Bee on TV has been much admired and written about elsewhere but suffice to say that I am really enjoying it. Gone are the horrors of school domestic science and the nightmare of the 'work apron' we were required to make by our brogue-wearing teacher. I bought the book and devoured it. This leads directly to point No. 3:

3. My new curtain:

IMAG1114

My bathroom has been in dire need of a little prettifying for a while and inspired by the book, I dug out my old sewing machine and went for it. The seams are wobbly enough to give The Sewing Bee judges the vapours but it does the job and I'm now on the look out for my next project.

4. Lingering memories of being in the Lakes and the joy of looking through all our photos deciding which ones to print and frame.

5. Hysterics which greated DHs attempts to fit DS2 with a climbing harness ready for our next trip. This time he improvised with ropes to make a basic harness and top-roped them on some small boulders near Wastwater. Next time he would like them to be a little more adventurous and for that they need a proper 'sit' harness. The only problem is that DS2 is tall, skinny and has absolutely no bum, hips or anything to affix a harness too.

Oh how I wish I had that problem :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment