Tuesday 14 July 2009

Hap Hap Happy

I am pleased to report that my knitting mojo has returned (after several more dishcloths) and I was finally able to get on with my second Hap Blanket. Apparently I was completely unable to count to 61 whilst picking up the stitches for each side of the border. Although it may not have been entirely down to my poor brain. There are a couple of yarn overs in the pattern right next to the corner markers and it is quite easy for the marker to slip to the wrong side of the yarn over - giving you 1 stitch extra on one side (and 1 stitch less on the other).

Still I got there in the end and whizzed through the feather and fan pattern pretty quickly. Hopefully will be able to cast-off tonight and get it blocked tomorrow. It's difficult to photograph at the minute as it's all squished up on the needles. OH asked if I was knitting a shopping bag :)

I'm still intrigued by the Shetland Shawls on ravelry and have found some lovely examples like this one.

I think I may have to track down a good source book, and then I'll need some Jamieson's 2ply to go with it...so much for the stashbust...

No comments:

Post a Comment