Thursday 16 July 2009

Moving swiftly on...

The final section of my Hap blanket positively flew off the needles and is now firmly in use over my knees. Severely tempted to knit another one as my two toddlers keep fighting over it, but I must resist and knit something else, otherwise this blog might get a little tedious.



Now that things have calmed down on the work front I feel as though a little fug has been lifted from my brain and so last night I sat down to learn something new - crochet. (You might want to sit down with a cup of tea to recover if you are a die-hard knitter)

I've long been a fan of the Natural Dye Studio and the amazing colours they achieve in their yarns using natural plant dyes and they have a range of both knitting and crochet patterns as well as an active ravelry group. For some reason their latest crochet-a-long project really captured my imagination and I decided to have a play with some yarn and a few online tutorials and see what I managed to come up with.

The project is based on a small repeating motif - Posy which can then be joined together to make a scarf/shawl/wrap/blanket depending on your skill, patience (or size of stash). I think part of the fun will be seeing what the other CAL'ers come up with.

The added advantage is that this project might even deplete some of my sock yarn stash - which is starting to take over the spare room cupboard to the extent that my OH might even notice it soon.


My first few motifs were slightly oddly-shaped but I think my tension is slowly improving and they are looking generally tighter and more star/flower-shaped. They are very quick to do though and I was up late last night having given in to the temptation of 'just one more...'

1 comment:

  1. These look lovely. I like them - a lot! I have some mini-skeins from NDS that would be perfect for this. Thanks for the idea!
    josiekitten

    ReplyDelete